Highest quality audio transfers are performed on current generation Avid ProTools HD Native Audio Workstations at 24 bit quantizing and sampling rates up to 192KHz. Audio transfers are referenced to house sync at 23.98fps or 25fps to ensure frame accurate synchronation with separately scanned picture content. The default transfer format is 24 bit broadcast wave files at 48Khz. The basic audio transfer rate is $300.00 per runtime hour with a $150.00 mininum.
Source Audio Formats:
- Magnetic Film – 35mm and 16mm magnetic audio is transferred on industry standard Magnatech Film Reproducers with newest generation low noise Jensen amplifiers. 16mm magnetic striped audio film can be transferred simultaneously with Xena Datacine picture scans. Dolby A or SR decoding is available at no additional charge. Formats supported include:
- 35mm 6-Track, 4-Track, 3-Track and Single Stripe
- 16mm Mono and Stereo
- Optical Track Negative or Positive – 35mm stereo or mono, and 16mm optical track negatives, track prints, or composite release prints are transfered to house sync at 23.98fps or 25fps for accurate picture lock. Composite prints may be transferred simultaneously with Xena Datacine picture scans. Dolby A or SR decoding is available at no additional charge.
- DA88 – DA78/DA88/DA98 8-track digital masters are transfered on a DA78HR, the highest quality unit ever produced by Tascam. Transfers may be ordered as direct digital-to-digital for zero quality loss, or as analog transfers in the event that sample rate or refererence rate needs to be modified.
- Timecode DAT– As with DA88, stereo and mono DAT transfers are available as direct digital or analog transfers.