DCS maintains a diverse inventory of Xena motion picture scanning systems, each of which is optimized for a specific industry or niche. In addition or our proprietary Xena systems, we also operate third party scanners that complement our own systems.
- XENA Digital Intermediate – Xena DI Scanners deliver the highest possible quality in motion picture film scanning, yielding true 14 bit per channel RGB color separated CCD imaging. DI scans are pin registered, and each color channel is recorded as a separate exposure via a monochrome CCD imagining system. For color film, infrared dirt concealment is available. 35mm and 16mm DI scans may be ordered with DCS’s proprietary full immersion liquid gate system for scratch removal. High Dynamic Range (HDR) scanning is also available. DI scanning formats include:
- 65MM 5/8/15 Perf and Imax – Available in 6K , Super 4K and Super 2K
- 35MM 2/3/4/8 Perf – Available in 6K, Super 4K, 4K, Super 2K and HD
- Super 16MM & Regular 16MM – Availble in 4K, Super 2K and HD
- XENA Datacine – Xena datacine scanners transport film continuously via a servo driven capstan. Since there is no drive sprocket, Xena datacines are very safe for older and shrunken film. Unlike most contemporary datacines that use noisy CMOS sensors, our Xena datacines use only large format CCD sensors. Black & white rolls are scanned using a monochrome sensor with full spectrum LED light, and not a color sensor interpolated into a black & white image. Superior image stablization is applied by overscanning and referencing the perforations. Simultaneous audio capture to industry standard 48KHz/24 bit broadcast wave files is supported for 35mm & 16mm elements with optical audio, and for 16mm elements with magnetic audio. Datacine scanning formats include:
- 35MM 2/3/4/6/8 Perf – Availble in 4K, Super 2K and 1080p
- Super 16MM & Regular 16MM – Availble in 4K, Super 2K and 1080p
- Super 8MM & Regular 8MM – Availble in 4K, Super 2K and 1080p
- Cintel DSX – The DSX stands out as a unique tool in our scanner portfolio due to its unique ability to conceal scratches and dirt in real time, making it a very cost-effective solution for scanning archival and worn elements. Unlike infrared dirt concealment, the DSX can remove artifacts on both color and black & white film. Our Cintel DSX’s are equipped with daVinci 2K Plus programmable scene-to-scene color correction systems for fast, high quality corrected transfers. DSX Formats are:
- 35MM – Available in 2K and 1080p
- Super 16MM and Regular 16MM – Available in 2K and 1080p
- Pin Registration – XXXXXX
- Liquid Gate – XXXXXX.
- Infrared Dirt Detection & Concealment – XXXXXX.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) – XXXXXX.